Monday, April 25, 2011

Beautiful Things

Easter was beautiful this year for me. It stood out for some reason. I'm not totally sure why, but I'm sure it has to do with this past year's events. It hurts that Nate wasn't with us, but having gone through that has opened my eyes to so many things. Mainly that life is so precious, so incredibly beautiful and entirely too short.

Praise and Worship was awesome at our church this past Sunday. The songs they sang were some of my favorites and my best friend already posted the song that stood out to her. The first song they sang was called "Beautiful Things" by Gungor. It was hard not to start crying hearing the lyrics along with the sound of the piano and violin. We have some extremely talented people in the music department at our church. The church was dark and they sang while a video played of different images and people from all over the world. I had chills listening to it. It was a wonderful little reminder of exactly how amazing God is and how grateful I am for everything He's done and continues to do for me. Even in the midst of loss and heartache. He's making me new....

*I hope you all had a wonderful Easter this year!*

2 comments:

Sandra Bragg said...

Listening to this song, I could see why it hit you like it did.

It is a very beautiful song. And I love the slideshow they played during it.

Sarah B. said...

How did I just see this? I don't know how this group isn't more popular either. Good music.

Post a Comment