Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Green Monster Smoothie

So, my bestie Sandra told me about the wonder that is the Green Monster Smoothie! She drinks one everyday and swears by the amount of energy it gives her! She has an awesome blog with lots of great recipes too if you want to check her out at sporadicallysandra.blogspot.com.

It sounds crazy, but I promise it is ridiculously tastey not to mention incredibly good for you! Like i've said in the past, my husband and I are all about being as healthy as possible and are always looking for new recipes. Our oldest son,Will is a picky eater. I don't know where it came from seeing as how Chris nor I (or even his little brother, Jack) are picky eaters AT ALL. He will eat carrots, cucumber, sweet potatoes and almost all fruit - the problem is the green veggies. I've had to rely on Jessica Seinfeld's cookbook in order to get some veggies in him without his knowledge. But that is another blog for another time.

Here is the recipe for the Green Monster: (Sandra has it on her blog as well)

Put about a handful of raw, fresh spinach in your blender and blend it.
Add 3/4 to 1 cup of skim milk, 1/2 a banana and 2 tablespoons
of peanut butter (I use the all natural). Blend. Then, add 7-8
frozen strawberries and a few cubes of ice and blend until smooth.
This is for 1 person. Double it for 2, etc.

I know this might freak some people out at just the thought of adding spinach to this type of smoothie, but never turn your nose up to something you haven't tried. I say the same thing to my kids. I promise you won't even know the spinach is there. Will sucked his cup dry and asked for more! I will be making this most mornings now. You won't be disappointed.....

4 comments:

Andrea said...

I think I will try making this for the kids soon. We have to replace our blender 1st. lol

Sarah B. said...

It's worth it and the kiddos will love it!

Sandra Bragg said...

FYI There is an all natural CHOCOLATE peanut butter that is equally delicious in the smoothie!

Sarah B. said...

Oooo, did you get it at WalMart? I forget the brand, but I think I know what you're talking about. I will have to try that too!

Post a Comment