Monday, February 21, 2011

Popcorn Krazy!

So my family tends to be very health concious. We have our weaknesses, but over all we are big on eating and drinking as healthful as possible. I said that to lead into this. About 6 months ago or so I started reading about microwave popcorn. It started when my mom mentioned a story she had seen on the Today Show. Here is a link to the same story. http://health.howstuffworks.com/diseases-conditions/respiratory/popcorn-lung1.htm

After seeing this and doing some more reading, I decided this was something I could easily change in our home. I also follow Dr. Mercola via email updates and he addresses the problem as well. So I started to read reviews about popcorn makers so that we could make our own. It took me a long time to find one that was worth it ( most of them are not). I came across this one and decided to give it a shot. We recieved it this past Christmas from my in-laws after I placed it on our Amazon Wish List. It's a "West Bend Kettle Krazy."


It is amazing and the popcorn tastes SO much better. I've never been a fan of all the yucky butter stuff so all we do sprinkle a little salt on ours. I love that  I can control what i put on it. My kids love it and run to the kitchen everytime they know I'm making it. It only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish. If you don't have one, I would highly recommend getting one. This way we can still have our movie popcorn and do it the healthy way too! This is what happens everytime it starts to pop...

2 comments:

Sandra Bragg said...

Ok, I can't wait until we have the Phineas and Ferb marathon with the fresh popcorn. I'm not the biggest fan normally but if this is tastier than normal stuff, I will totally give it a try.

And your kids are cute.

Sarah B. said...

Haha, I will get you hooked, I promise! Can't wait!!

Post a Comment